20 Fun Facts About Me
We're getting personal..
I think I am in the mood to share some fun facts about me, so here is your edition of "Meet your Photographer"! I am going to try up with 20 fun facts about me that are NOT photography or business related! This might be hard...
- I am the baby of 5 and there is a whopping 16 year age gap between my oldest brother and me. And yes, we all have the same parents.
- I. Love. Spaghetti. It is seriously my weakness and I have no "I'm full" warning when I'm eating it. The same might go for Fruity Pebbles...
- I have a lot of people who ask me if I have a nickname since Elizabeth is so long. My friends call me Libby, and I'll give you permission to do the same if you'd like 😉 How did I get the nickname of Libby? I came home from school one day when I was in 2nd grade and told my mom that my name was SOOO long compared to everyone else in my class (my first and last name are 18 letters total. Try fitting all that on a bubble test. I get a lot of mail for Elizabet because the H won't fit!) So my mom gave me a book with nicknames for Elizabeth and I thought Libby was good! And the rest is history!
- I love tomatoes and I am a vodka drinker, but I HATE Bloody Mary's
- I was a whopping 10 lbs when I was born, but I wasn't even the heaviest baby in the family. My brother was 11 lbs. 10 oz. His son was 12 lbs. 1 oz. I come from a family of very big babies!
- I am a Colorado sports fan. The Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, and Rockies are my teams! I have to admit that I was a Houston Rockets fan for a few years in high school while I was playing basketball and wanted to grow up to be like Yao Ming!
- I drank about 4 cups of coffee a day for a few years, and quit cold turkey last January! It was soooo hard, but after the first few months it was much better!
- I love to travel and hope to visit all 50 states in my lifetime. I have a list going right now and am up to 20 (plus Washington D.C.) I have a lot of traveling to do in the south, Midwest, and East Coast! I think I want to visit New England next!
- I grew up about 2.5 hours from the Kansas border, but have NEVER been to Kansas!
- I am currently learning Italian! It has been an interesting little adventure!
- I am also doing some sewing during my slow season! I sewed my best friend a baby blanket for her little munchkin that is due here in less than a month! The other day I made a really pretty Kimono that I LOVE! I also tried to make some leggings, which was successful, but they will have to be my "Just for home" leggings as I found out the fabric is pretty see through. Oops!
- I grew up in a small town. And when I say small town, I mean population 225. I went to a Pre-k- 12 school and had 15 classmates and went so school with 8 of them all the way from Kindergarten till graduation.
- I am 5'11" tall. They say your wingspan should be as long as you are tall, but I have a 6'1"+ wingspan. There is a reason you will rarely see me wearing full length sleeves or mens long sleeve shirts HA!
I HATE seafood. Just the smell of shrimp makes me start to gag. YUCK!
I love me some Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, but only when it's fresh. It can't be re-heated!
I went all 4 years at college without ever ditching a single class. I missed a few due to sickness, but part of me wonders if I missed out on the whole "college experience" by not having 1 day of notes from a class because I stayed in the dorm watching movies or taking a nap.
I get nauseous at the sight of blood, which I just looked up and it is called Vasovagal Syncope. Most of my family has the same issue. I HATE hospitals because of this. The littlest things make me sick. I hate to admit it, but I've had to take a few breathers (and lay down with my feet up) while visiting family in the hospital...
One of my biggest pet peeves is mouth noises. I hate when I can hear people licking their lips, chewing, grinding their teeth and smacking their lips. Sometimes I go crazy when I can hear people over-exaggerating their breathing. It is the worrsttt.
I have been learning how to play the violin! It is by far the hardest instrument I've played, but I love the challenge!!
I love trying new breweries. I have almost visited every brewery in Fort Collins, but new ones keep popping up! I love trying craft beers, but when I'm hanging with friends my beer of choice is usually Bud Light. I know, I'm terrible, but I gotta watch my girlish figure!